Our Valuers are available to offer free and confidential valuations of your Antiques, Fine Art, Collectables and General Chattels for potential sale without any obligation to sell. We are able to value your property in the following ways.
• Bring your items into the saleroom to have a Valuer inspect them
• Email or post images to us
• Book an appointment for a Valuer to visit you at home
We will discuss your property with you and advise sale estimates, auction dates and reserves where appropriate. You will be issued with a contract of sale listing the property consigned, the contract of sale also details our Terms & Conditions of Sale Applicable to Vendors.
• Vendor commission 15% (minimum £15 commission charge per consignment)
• Loss and Damage Charge 1.5%
• Carriage - Van and two men £60 per hour
• Internet illustration £8 for General Sale and £10 for Antique & Fine Art Sale
• Catalogue illustration charges applicable to Antique & Fine Art Sale
• Restoration if applicable
• Storage if applicable
• Disposal of unsellable property/ unsold lots if applicable
All charges are subject to VAT
After your property has been sold you will receive a cheque with a vendor statement listing the hammer prices achieved for your lots. Proceeds of sale are paid out 14 working days after a General Sale and 28 days after an Antique & Fine Art Sale (provided we have received payment from the buyer) with the vendor charges listed and deducted. If any lots fail to sell we are able to re-offer them in another sale or dispose of them at our discretion unless you have specified that you will arrange to collect them. There are no unsold charges.
We provide an excellent service in advertising and marketing your property. We have an extensive database of clients sourcing particular items and have substantial media interest around noteworthy lots, collections and house contents that we have coming up for sale. We regularly advertise and have extensive editorial coverage in the local and national newspapers, magazines, television and radio as well as digital media. Our Antique & Fine Art Sales are broadcast live online via our online bidding platform at www.the-saleroom.com ensuring all lots are viewed by an International audience. See our Results and News pages for recent highlights and coverage.
"Dear Nick, I have been meaning to write and thank you very much for the efficient and successful way you dealt with the clearance of my Dad's house in Crieff. Your help was very much appreciated."
From a Private client who used our house clearance service, valuation service and auction services